“Love the Lord, all you His saints! The Lord preserves the faithful, but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord.” -Psalm 31:23-24
- The faithful are granted God’s preservation.
- This is talking to Christians (saints), so obviously even believers can be prideful and thus suffer the consequences.
- You can be strong but not have courage.
- In Joshua 1:9 and other verses God commands people/Christians to be both strong and courageous, yet I often lump them together.
- It’s a choice to take courage. “Let your heart take courage.”
- When we wait on the Lord we shouldn’t be downcast or concerned of the outcome because our unchanging and unwavering God will do what’s best for us and what brings Himself the most glory. The Judge of all the earth will do right. Does our attitude in the waiting times reflect that truth?