Well, this is a first.
My dear, sweet, sweet friend Hope (who has a darling blog you should check out) nominated me for the Liebster Award, which, I learned, is a way for baby bloggers (bloggers with a small following) to share a bit about themselves after being nominated as a way to spread the word about these up and coming blogs. So sweet!
You do this in two ways, by sharing 11 facts about yourself and then answering specific questions from the person who nominated you. Hope nominated me more than a month ago and I have yet to answer these questions, so here we go:
11 Facts About Me
- Dates with God are my absolute favorite.
- I’m happiest with a good book and a cup of coffee.
- My dad is my hero. And besides my mom and my pastor’s wife, Elisabeth Elliot has been the most influential woman in my walk with God.
- I’ve set numerous Kentucky state records for rifle shooting.
- I love traveling (I have a list of places I would love to visit one day) and, because I’m enormously clumsy, I take trips every day (trips over stairs, over people, my own feet, carpet, etc.).
- As a child, my dream job was to become a cashier at Kroger.
- Upon watching a movie one time, I will be able to quote parts of it.
- I’m a sucker for Disney movies (top four: The Lion King, Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, and Frozen).
- Isaiah is my favorite book of the Bible.
- My life quote is from Elisabeth Elliot (shocking): My plea is Let me be a woman, holy through and through, asking for nothing but what God wants to give me, receiving with both hands and with all my heart whatever that is.
- A life goal is to share the Gospel on every continent.
11 Questions from Hope at Taste and See
1. What verse or quote has been really impacting you lately?
Oh my. Where to begin? Thanks to a conversation with a great friend, Psalm 115:1 has really been stirring my heart today: Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory, for the sake of Your steadfast love and Your faithfulness!
2. What hymn is your favorite?
Again, only one?! Ahh, tied for first is Come Thou Fount, On Christ the Solid Rock or It Is Well. But with those are about a gajillion others that pull my heartstrings and take me straight to the throne room.
3. If you had a farm, what animals would you have on it?
Okay, these aren’t all farm animals but: Giraffes, kittens, a hippo and a cute cow.
4. Who would you love to meet over coffee/sweet tea?
Definitely Elisabeth Elliot when she was in her prime.
5. What color do you find most in your closet?
In the office wear section: black and grey. In the t-shirts (oh the t-shirts): navy blue and grey.
6. What fruits/vegetables/herbs would you plant in a garden?
ALL OF THEM. I loveee fruits and veggies! I would definitely plant cucumbers, cilantro, corn, grapes, strawberries, squash, zucchini, peaches, green beans, lettuce, eggplant, and onions.
7. What is your favorite book?
Probably Passion and Purity or Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot. But Doxology and Theology by Matt Boswell is also one of my all-time faves.
8. Where is your favorite place you’ve traveled?
Without a doubt the answer is Romania. After going there for the first (and second) time last year, I fell in love with the country, the people and the work God is doing of calling people out of darkness and into His marvelous light. And seven weeks from tomorrow I’ll be going back (but who’s counting?)!
9. What are you most thankful for right now?
As I type this, ice and sleet are quickly accumulating outside (reminding everyone in the area of Ice Storm 2009), so I am grateful for electricity, a fireplace, blankets, a hot shower and a God who is never caught off guard.
10. What is your go-to recipe for supper?
Right now I’m borderline-obsessed with chicken taco salad and crunchy quesadillas, so one of those.
11. What is your top reason for blogging?
To share things God is teaching me and for personal accountability to those things. And to be the fragrance of Christ to anyone who reads this blog.
One comment on “11 Things and 11 Questions”
Reading this again reminds me how blessed I am that God has allowed our paths to cross! You delight my heart dear friend, and I am so happy to see the woman God has made/is molding you to be! Thank you!