As much as I like to be original, I’m following in the path of my brother-in-law (Whitt Madden ) and others like him who have made lists of what they are thankful for.
So on this day, the last Thursday of November, I will share a few of the things that make me thankful.
- Salvation from the horrible sickness of sin that is given only from and through the Lord Jesus Christ. “Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free//For God the just was satisfied to look on Him and pardon me.”
- The cross. This life doesn’t make sense without it.
- The Word of God that is living and active and real.
- My family. I’ve been so blessed with godly parents who love Him and desire to live in a manner that brings glory to Him.
- Murray. The cute little city and school, but especially for the family of believers God has allowed me to be a part of. I am continually overwhelmed by their faith, testimony and desire to serve the Lord in all things, I’m so blessed to have friends my own age who are seeking the Lord’s will for their lives and striving to live according to it.
- God’s amazing provision.
- C&C (coffee and conversation) with my sister and brother-in-law.
- Music. Especially worship music like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Tenth Avenue North, and others who sing the truth and display God’s majesty through song.
- Books; like Radical, 50 Reasons Jesus Came to Die, When God Writes Your Love Story, and more.
- This summer and all the lessons God taught me through the experience.
- The Church.
- Scripture that says I am the bride of Christ.
- Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals).
- My iPhone.
- Christmas decorations.
- Love. Infinite, free, matchless, deep; the Love that came to die so we could live. Love that covers all.
It is so important for us to be filled with thanks before and after we are filled with food. Be thankful today and everyday.
“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.” -Hebrews 12:28-29