I’m going on a summer internship program with Dugout Media Baseball Youth Roadtrip. It’s for the entire summer from Memorial Day (or sooner) until August 24th, at which time I’ll join classes already in progress at Murray State University.
The internship is for writing and marketing experience as well as public relations and some sales. My major is journalism with a minor in marketing.
This is a God thing.
A big God thing.
The eight of us on a tour will be touring the country following Little League Baseball. Little boys 7-13 years old who love the game. I’m beyond excited. All expenses (travel, lodging, food, laundry, etc.) paid and in addition to that we’ll receive a salary.
I’m asking to be placed on the East Tour, but there is a chance I’ll be on the West Tour.
East Tour stops: Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania.
West Tour stops: California, Texas, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska.
Some of the sponsors of the Roadtrip include …
- Major League Baseball Players Association
- Disney Channel (Disney XD)
- Topps / Topps Attax
- Activision / Little League Baseball World Series 2010
- Louisville Slugger
- Atari / Backyard Sports Sandlot
- MLB Network
- New Era
- Major League Baseball teams
Things I’ll miss…
- My family. Duh. But seriously, three months is a long time. I’ve never been away that long, and especially from my little baby nephew that I adore with all of my insides.
- C & C. [Coffee & Conversation… this happens almost every morning with my sister, her husband and the baby (the baby doesn’t drink coffee, don’t worry)]
- My church family.(I will be keeping up with the sermons thanks to the podcasts available here, but I’ll still miss the fellowship).
- Chiropractic adjustments.
- Singing at church.
- Waking up to notes from my dad.
- My bed.
- My shower.
- Watching the Cardinals with my parents.
- Father’s Day.
- Daddy’s Birthday.
- Isaac’s Birthday.
- Whitty’s Birthday.
- A bunch of weddings.
- A ton of things that haven’t hit me yet.
- First and foremost that God would protect us (physically, emotionally, spiritually).
- That He will use this time to minister to me and through me to others. This is a mission experience even if I’m not going to Africa.
- A laptop with a big HD. I’ll be taking three online classes this summer while we’re on the tour in order to graduate from the community college and go to Murray in the fall, a laptop is a necessity.
- That the people on the tour will be “good” people, and that there would be at least one true believer.
- That the online classes will go smoothly and that balance between work, school and free time will come easily.
- Not related to the internship but a prayer request nonetheless, that God will supply the finances for fall tuition (and every semester thereafter) at Murray. I know God wants me there so I know He will provide the means to make it happen. He never fails.
- Also related to finances in the fall, I pray that God would give me a good job that will work around school/newspaper.
Writing it all out makes it feel so much more official, and my excitement increases by the second. I’m so thankful for this opportunity from my heavenly Father whose ways are higher than mine, and whose thoughts are not my own… they are so much better. Thank You, God!