I thought I would share a little bit of what my Savior has done in my life this past year, and what I hope He will do as the 2009 begins.
1. God has shown me the importance, rather the necessity, of His word. Psalm 119: 50- This is the comfort in my affliction, for Your Word has given me life. -His Word is our life support in affliction or otherwise.
2. He has increased my sensitivity to Him and strengthened my discernment to His voice and direction. He’s taught me the importance of obeying those “red flags” that He gives us and that the smallest act of disobedience will ruin your testimony.
3. The Lord has given me the most amazing circle of friends. Friends that are more like family than even my blood relatives.
4. He has strengthened my faith and ability to cast ALL my cares on Him. I still try to take my life in my own hands sometimes, but for the most part He’s taught me that He definitely can handle it better than I can.
5. God has shown me that His plans are better than my greatest imagined plans, and that I need to trust that He is in control because whether I feel it or not, I will never be in control.
6. God has given me a small taste of the disgustingness of the World. Gosh, it is so filthy, filthy and awful! I can’t believe He sent His son to die for this disgusting race. But I’m so thankful He did.
7. Jesus has shown me this unexplainable grace, even when I screw up. He’s also shown me how completely, 100% undeserving I am of that grace.
8. God has allowed me to live out more than one of my dreams and has shown me that even in my best hours (that are more like minutes) I am nothing without Him.
9. God has shown me how it feels to be truly lonely, even in a crowded place. To be an outcast. To be alone. To be without anyone to talk to. Then He’s shown me at those times to remember that Jesus is my friend who sticks closer than a brother.
10. He’s allowed me to taste and see that He is good, and that having an ongoing conversation with Him and learning to listen to Him is the greatest part of my day.
I pray that God would reveal Himself to me in ways that are far above anything I’ve ever experienced.
I pray that He would use me to directly minister to someone’s Walk.
I pray that His Word would root itself in my heart and will stay alive there even in my darkest days.
I pray that He takes away my insecurities and gives me confidence in Him and His ability.
I pray that I will be bold and not intimidated by this World. They have nothing on me or in my God in whom I stand.
I pray He saves people in the church body.
I pray that the leaders of this World see their need for a Savior and that God draws them into His fold.
I pray that God allows me to have amazing teachers this semester.
I pray that He allows me to glorify Him all across the country when I shoot.
I pray that He gives me opportunities at these matches to brag on Him.
I pray that when I succeed that I will automatically revert the praise to the One who gave me the ability.
I pray that people will see God in me… that I truly become a moon and reflect the Son.
I hope and pray each one of you have an amazing God-filled 2009. I pray that God is the center in each of your lives and that you will lean on Him for all your strength… regardless if you do or not, He is still where your strength comes from.
2 comments on “Top 10 2008 Blessings”
Awesome! I pray this will be a great year!
You are so grounded in God. You do truly reflect the Son. Thanks for all you do and all you say.